Département de philosophie
Place du Vingt-Août 7
B-4000 Liège (Belgique)
- Professeur (ULiège)
- ORCID: 0000-0003-2633-0836
- » Curriculum vitae [424 Kb] [7/2/2021]
- Domaines de recherche: Philosophie contemporaine; philosophie de l'esprit; Brentano.
I am Professor of contemporary philosophy at the University of Liège. My main area of interest is the interface between phenomenological philosophy and analytic philosophy of mind, with a historical focus on early phenomenology and the school of Franz Brentano.
My first job was as an F.R.S.-FNRS Research Fellow (2003-2007). I obtained my PhD in 2007 at the University of Liège. After two years as F.R.S.-FNRS Postdoctoral Researcher (2007-2009) and as visiting researcher at the Husserl Archives in Paris (2009), I got a position as Associate Professor, and then Professor (2017), at the ULiège Philosophy Department. I am a member of the research center in phenomenology at the University of Liège (Creph) and the "Brentano Research Team" (BReT).
The list of my teaching activities is here.
Some interesting readings on the current research situation:
- Jacques Bouveresse, "Why I am so very Unfrench".
- Olivier Morin, "La difficile liberté des chercheurs en philosophie", Philotropes, 27 févr. 2007.
- Édouard Simca, compte rendu de Q. Meillassoux, Après la finitude.
- Susan Haack, "The Real Question: Can Philosophy Be Saved?" Free Inquiry, 37, 6 (2017), p. 40-43.