Job: 4-year postdoctoral position in phenomenology and philosophy of mind, University of Liège, Belgium
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research position at the University of Liège (Belgium). Starting date: June 15, 2018. Duration: 4 years, June 2018 - June 2021 (possibility of spending the 4th year at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland).
The postdoc will be part of a joint (Liège-Fribourg) research project dedicated to “The Phenomenology of Mental States” and aiming at exploring new avenues for modelling the awareness a subject has of her own occurrent mental states (F.R.S-FNRS, PDR T.0095.18). See the project's web page here.
- PhD in philosophy.
- You meet the conditions for the allocation of a "foreign post-doctoral grant" in Belgium: you have obtained a PhD abroad and have not lived or worked in your main job in Belgium during more than 24 months in the past 3 years before the start of the fellowship.
- Relevant background in phenomenology and/or philosophy of mind.
- International experience.
- Fluency in English. Mastering of French is an advantage but is not mandatory.
- Communication, organisational and teamwork skills.
- Active participation in the joint research project between Liège and Fribourg: administrative responsibilities, teamwork with A. Dewalque, D. Seron (Liège) and G. Soldati (Fribourg), organization of workshops/conferences, editing work.
- Active research in the area of phenomenology and philosophy of mind.
- Full-time unconstrained research at ULiège (presence on site required ; during the fellowship, no other paid work for ULiège or a third party may be performed).
- Postdoctoral mobility scholarship, 3 years in Liège (Belgium) + 1 year funded by FNS (Switzerland).
- The fellow will be offered a net salary of approx. EUR 2,350 and a research-travel-mobility allowance.
- The fellow will be given the opportunity to develop his/her skills as leader researcher; he/she will joint the Phenomenologies research center (ULiège), which gathers a number of researchers active in the field of phenomenological philosophy and philosophy of mind.
- The Euraxess Service Centre of the University of Liège will provide a personalized relocation service for each fellow as well as to his/her family.
Deadline: April 2, 2018.
Starting date: June 15, 2018.
Please send to Arnaud Dewalque and Gianfranco Soldati:
- a full CV including a list of publications
- a motivation letter including a short description of your past research (1 page max) and a description of how your own research might be articulated to the “Phenomenology of Mental States” project (2 pages max)
- a recent reference letter from an academic with whom you have previously worked
For informal inquiries, please contact Arnaud Dewalque and Gianfranco Soldati.
» Règlement des bourses postdoctorales ULiège (in French)