10th Creph Annual Seminar: Imagination as an Act: Phenomenological Approaches
University of Liège, April 25-29, 2016.
For its 10th edition, the Research Seminar will focus on the topic of imagination taken as a mental function which is different from both perception and conception.
Kant notoriously made of imagination some (rather floating) intermediary between the receptivity of sense experience and the spontaneity of understanding. By staying on the ground of descriptive psychology and by using the terms of "mental acts" or "mental functions" rather than of "faculties", Brentanians were able to analyse the elements/components of the act of imagination (intentional mode, real content, intentional content...), its founding relations with other kinds of acts, as well as the role it can play in the cognitive and evaluative functions of the mind. Read more
- Margherita Arcangeli (Université de Genève)
- Roland Breeur (Husserl Archives, KULeuven)
- Chiara Cappelletto (Università degli Studi di Milano)
- Annabelle Dufourcq (Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen)
- Augustin Dumont (Université de Montréal)
- Kathleen Lennon (University of Hull, UK)
- Alain Loute (Université Catholique de Lille)
- Delia Popa (Université Catholique de Louvain)
- David Rabouin (REHSEIS, CNRS)
Proposals (title and abstract, maximum 700 words) are invited from senior researchers
as well as graduate students, and must be sent to B. Leclercq (
by January 5, 2016. Please use only the electronic submission
form (doc - txt).
The abstracts will be evaluated by the URPh board through a blind-review process. Acceptance or refusal will be notified by January 15.
The seminar will take place from April 25 to 29, 2016, at the University of Liège (Belgium).
Registration is not required for attendance. At the participant's request, the Philosophy Department will issue a certificate which can be used for doctoral certification (ECTS).
The talks will be in English and French. Passive understanding of French is recommended.
The Doctoral School does not cover the accommodation and travel costs of the CFP speakers. Information on accommodation is available.
- Maud Hagelstein (FNRS, ULg)
- Alievtina Hervy (FNRS, ULg)
- Bruno Leclercq (ULg)
- Raphaël Gély (Univ. St-Louis - Bruxelles)
- Sébastien Laoureux (Univ. de Namur)
maud.hagelstein[at]ulg.ac.be - ahervy[at]ulg.ac.be - b.leclercq[at]ulg.ac.be